UPS Installation Specification
edit: chuangneng click: 28 date: 2019-05-19
1. The fluctuation value of input market power supplied by users for UPS is generally smaller than the allowable market power fluctuation value nominated by UPS.
2. The circuit breaker with leakage protection can not be installed in the front stage and load circuit of UPS to avoid accidental power failure of UPS and its load. The live parts of the line, such as sockets and circuit breakers, should not be frequently plugged and turned on.
3. From the point of view of safe power consumption, zero line (especially trunk line) should be considered in the design of input and output distribution.
4. When doing UPS distribution, the zero line of UPS output (load) cannot be connected to the zero line bus of input distribution. Some brands of UPS, such as APC silcon series, can connect input zero line and output (load) zero line to the same bus.
5. UPS input circuit breaker is designed to control the UPS input power supply on and off separately, so the lower port of UPS input circuit breaker should not be connected with other power equipment, so as to avoid affecting the normal on and off of UPS input power.
6. When selecting input and output circuit breakers for UPS, the nominal rated voltage of the circuit breaker should first meet the rated input and output voltage of UPS.
7. For UPS input-output connection, the maximum current of each phase is also taken into account. Considering that the third harmonic current may exist in the middle line of three-phase equipment, the zero line diameter of three-in-one-out and three-in-three-out (especially the output zero line) should not be smaller than that of phase A (three-in-one-out A phase is usually designated as bypass power). In general, the diameter of protective ground wire should be the same as that of phase A.
8. The connection between UPS and external long-delay batteries should not be too long, otherwise the voltage drop on the connection of batteries would be too large. In addition, users often pay great attention to the environment temperature and humidity of UPS mainframe. Batteries placed with the mainframe can also get a good working environment.
9. The user's load distribution should adopt hierarchical multi-channel control mode. When overcurrent or short circuit occurs in one branch at the end of the circuit, it will not lead to power failure of other branches in the same stage or the electrical equipment of the upper level, and the total rated current value of the lower level circuit breaker should not be greater than 130% of the upper level, so as to avoid the occurrence of the next level when each branch circuit breaker is not fully loaded or overloaded (circuit breaker does not trip), and the upper level. The circuit breaker trips because of overload, so that all loads lose power supply.
10. It is suggested that users set up separate distribution panels for UPS and its loads in order to centralize and reliably control the loads of UPS and its protection. The distribution panel should meet the relevant national standards.
11. When users distribute UPS load, there are obvious distinction marks between UPS load socket and non-UPS load socket.
12. When doing load distribution, we must check the polarity of UPS load socket zero and fire line, so that it can not be reversed.
13. In order for UPS to operate in a good environment, it is necessary to provide a suitable working environment temperature and install air conditioning when necessary.
14. For large and medium-sized UPS, the floor load-bearing problem should be considered in installation.
15. For UPS external batteries, it is not necessary for users to install them themselves. Usually, UPS manufacturers or agents install them.
16. For users requiring UPS to operate 24 hours uninterruptedly, it is necessary to configure a separate maintenance bypass distribution box for UPS.
17. Inductive load is not allowed to be connected to UPS circuit in order to avoid impact on UPS.